As we mature, we may be at risk of developing a health complaint, like diabetes or heart problems.
To help find, prevent or lessen the effect of health problems, we would like to invite you to make an appointment to come back to GP on Ebley for a health check. This health check will give us the opportunity to look at your physical wellbeing, lifestyle and medical/family history to find out if you are at risk.
The health check involves an initial consultation with one of our experienced Practice Nurses followed by one of the Doctors
The consultation would include:
- Updating your medical history and looking at your health issues & potential risk factors
- Observations such as blood pressure & blood sugar tests Diabetes screen
- Healthy lifestyle & dietary advice and information
- Arrangement of other tests which may be indicated e.g. further blood / screening tests
Potential risk factors could include:
- High blood pressure
- Reduced physical activity
- Extra weight
- Unbalanced diet
- High cholesterol
- Family history of disease (e.g. cancer, glaucoma, heart disease, depression or diabetes)
- High stress levels
- Sun Exposure
There is no cost for this service as it is covered by Medicare. 100% Bulk Billed.
Please note: A full skin check is not covered by Medicare as part of this service – please book separately.
*for eligible patients only